We're underway with our endorsement interviews for the November election, and I'll be posting the full sound file of all the interviews as we finish them (and as I have time to upload them). First up: Community College Board member John Rizzo, who is running for supervisor in District 5.
Rizzo told us he has the political experience to take on the district's, and the city's, tough problems. Among other things, he wants to eliminate the fund that developer pay into for affordable housing and require market-rate builders to construct affordable units on site. He discussed a "scientific approach" to managing Muni and wants a closer audit of the $600 million the city gives to nonprofits providing public services every year.
You can listen after the jump.
Most Commented On
- The whole west side is single family homes - May 18, 2013
- I know you guys - May 18, 2013
- Correction: hate=love - May 18, 2013
- So it's ok for trim, athletic - May 18, 2013
- A comment up above reminds me - May 18, 2013
- What's yours? - May 18, 2013
- What's your point? - May 18, 2013
- The thing is in this - May 18, 2013
- Texas has a more dynamic economy and less taxes and - May 18, 2013
- Nope, every employer will take the cheapest worker of the - May 18, 2013